Friday, December 17, 2010

Cookies and Sleds

Since I miss holiday treats like my mom's candy cane cookies and Gabi's cake balls, I decided the only way to get them would be to make them myself. So I did. And what great gifts to give....homemade cookies. Perfect. So below is a just a snapshot of my goodness. Everything turned out okay....expect for chocolate crackles...I blame the oven.
.



After we got over a foot of snow last saturday an immediate trip to Walmart was made to buy sleds. We went out with Hawkins and Sam on Sunday. Unfortunately most of where we went had so much powder it didn't make for a good sledding hill. BUT we did find this hill, which is technically a road.





2 comments:

  1. Your sledding road looks like a blast! Thanks again for coming to Chicago for Christmas! We had so much fun with you guys and miss you so much already. Can't wait to come out to see you in a couple of months! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those red-velvet cake balls look yummy. I came over here to look at your snow pictures again... but mmmm, cookies. I don't usually like red-velvet... but those... wow. Words don't suffice.

    Hey, we're coming to see you in 2 weeks, 1 day! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete