Saturday, May 11, 2013

Reese's first trip to California

At the end of April I took a trip to California to see my family and friends for Michaelene's bridal shower and Lindsey Besthorn's wedding. I still can't believe my little sister is getting married in a months time. I guess we really are all grown up huh? It seems like yesterday I was walking into her room as she sat on her bed with her crochet bonnet she wore every minute of the day. Oh I wish I had a picture to show. lol It was the funniest and cutest thing! But years have flown by, I am a new mother, Jessica has three kids, and Michaelene is finishing college and planning a wedding. I am still in denial about it all.

And after being 4 years since college graduation, I am blessed to still be close friends with these lovely ladies.

 
Reese had quite the week, seeing a million new faces and bearing the 80+ degree weather. Unfortunately for her, her mommy didn't know how to dress her for the heat wave. Throughout the day something would be stripped off her until she was down to just a onesie.
 
Reese finally got to meet two of her grandpas, her other aunties, and crazy cousins Sonny and Marcus. I had a wonderful time with my mom, morning smiles and sitting on the back porch, bath time in the sink, lunch dates,my niece and nephews and of course preparing for a bridal shower. I know Reese misses sleeping on Grandma's cozy bed starring at the fan above too.
 
Here are a few snap shots from our trip:
 
 
My Dad picked us up from the airport and brought us back for a yummy dinner at his place....Reese was pretty wiped out from a long day travels as you can see.

With the help of the Maid of Honor, Julianne, my Mom did an AMAZING job with the bridal shower tea party. So much fun!

        
 



 
Reese's Great Aunt Liza came to visit too!

California Girls


Beautiful wedding for our dear friend Lindsey Besthorn. So great to see God bring about so many blessings in her life!
 


One of my all time favorite moments, Reese grooving on the dance floor with us, and decides she is too tired so she falls asleep admist the loud music and dancing.
 
 
Auntie T and Reese saying "It is way too hot Mom, take these tights off me!"
 


Hanging out with cousins! Couldn't get Marcus to stay still long enough to get a clear photo. Typcial.
 
 
Finally able to see my niece play in her soccer game.

 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Cute pictures!!! Looks like a fun trip!

    Yep... the weather gets above 80 degrees... you just have to let those little baby legs be FREE!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to read your blog, Angelina! Thanks for posting great pictures! So glad you had a fun trip to Cali!!! :)

    ReplyDelete