Saturday, July 9, 2011

Happy Fourth of July

Happy Fourth of July everyone! I was a bit bummed to not be with friends at Huntington Beach this year or family bbqs, but the small town of Brewster did show us a good time. We started early with a Bike-a-thon fundraiser for my school I'll be teaching at this fall. Then we went swimming for a bit with Hawkins and Sam followed by a much needed nap. Brewster has its own 4th of July parade which suprisingly had a good turn out. I would say maybe the whole town was there. My school was in the parade as well so I got to walk in it. Grant walked with us and helped the kids pass out candy. After the 15 minutes it lasted, we headed up to the Gebbers' home for a bbq and a backyard baseball game. Unfortunately Grant's team lost to Johnny and Hawkins, but I'm pretty sure they were ahead most of the game. 

At the high school getting ready for the bike-a-thon


The wonderful teachers at the Community Log Church School getting ready for the parade.


I made jello!

And of course we were visited by Bambi...or Bambette I should say.

No comments:

Post a Comment