Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter Sunday

I hope everyone had a happy and blessed Easter. Here in Brewster the weather was gorgeous. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day to celebrate the resurrection of our Savior! I even wore sandals for the first time this season.

Through all the egg hunts, easter baskets, and feasts I pray we all remember the real reason we celebrate this special day. It is this:

 "that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,  that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures" - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4

That in a nutshell, I believe, is the gospel and reason I live. It is this simple yet complex truth that gives me new life. Without it, I am a doomed sinner with no hope; no hope for a more glorious life after death. I am alive and well because He died and rose again.

If your wondering what we did for the holiday, nothing but relax. Started our Sunday with church and then a delicious brunch at Rivers. After an afternoon nap, Reese and I snuck over to the annual Gebbers egg hunt to hang out with all her other baby friends. That pretty much concluded our day. I was able to video chat with both sides of my family.  I don't know how I would handle living 2,000 miles away from all my family if it wasn't for technology. I miss them all dearly, but seeing their faces on video chat makes life a little easier.


 
Family Photograph

 Reese with her bunny from Grandma Anna
 
 Blessed to be a part of this family of moms

No comments:

Post a Comment